Re: (ITS#3671) disconnecting a syncrepl consumer deadlocks the provider

Ralf Haferkamp wrote:
 hyc@symas.com wrote:
> Ralf Haferkamp wrote:
>> On Thursday 28 April 2005 12:26, rhafer@suse.de wrote:
>>> I just tested HEAD again. Now it shows a different behaviour.
>>> The first ldapadd that I started after pulling the network plug
>>> still stops progressing after a few entries. The improvement is
>>> that the provider keeps processing search requests and
>>> addtional add request (only the first ldapadd is locked).

> There is no way to avoid this first request getting locked.

 Really? That'd be bad. Might it be possible to have the syncprov
 overlay always queue the results in syncops->s_res a let a separate
 thread send them to the consumers? That should decouple the thread
 that's handling the ADD/MOD Request and the syncrepl Provider. Is
 that feasible and would it be worth the effort (I'd guess that'll add
 quite a bit of overhead to the syncprov overlay).

I agree that always queueing would be better. I haven't had time to look into this yet though.