[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#3748) back-config: creating a new database requires restarting slapd
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#3748) back-config: creating a new database requires restarting slapd
- From: "Pierangelo Masarati" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:45:23 +0200 (CEST)
- Cc: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; s=mail; d=sys-net.it; c=simple; q=dns; b=KTY3Bx0oJm3fQCXw8R2hpESDYJ0ILzpjcjaae6/NJC3xcdWTVSXqVVIAo2+uGRJLW 9R1ajF+OcSFND04nuVE5Q==
- Importance: Normal
- In-reply-to: <200505250812.j4P8Ct2Y031522@boole.openldap.org>
- References: <200505250812.j4P8Ct2Y031522@boole.openldap.org>
- User-agent: SquirrelMail/1.4.3a-1
[suggest we keep this discussion on -devel while it boils down :)]
> Currently it doesn't seem to be possible to create and use a new database
> or whatever) without restarting the server. Is that correct?
> If I understand things correctly backend_startup_one() should to be called
> an "olcDatabase"-entry was added. But currently bconfig doesn't seem to
> hooks for that. Am I correct with that or did I miss something?
I haven't checked with back-bdb and about backend_startup_one() hooks in
bconfig, but I've been able to create a back-ldap from an empty slapd.conf
I guess the same is possible for back-bdb although I haven't treid lately.
I remember discussion about the need for existing directories and so as
opposed to the capability of back-config to create them under some
circumstances. I might need to read a recent version of the docs.
SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax: +390382476497