Re: removing global_schemacheck and SLAPD_LASTMOD flags

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

I have less of a problem with a flag programmatically set
by a particular backend than a flag which can be set by
configuration (in addition to being programmatically set).

In that case, again as far as I remember, the possibility to configure it was nice because one in principle could use back-ldap to filter and massage replication data; in that case, timestamps and modifier's name needed to be passed. Unless we instruct (how?) the back-meta that's to behave like a shadow database, I think the possibility to enable/disable these attrs needs to be given to the administrator. In any case, it doesn't need to be the "lastmod {on|off}" directive; it can be some other means to select what attrs to allow/strip much like it's done in syncrepl. See for instance the suggestion of <http://www.openldap.org/its/index.cgi/Development?id=3711>, i.e. use the "attrs" field of back-ldap's URI to indicate what attrs to allow. In this case, "ldap://host/?*,createTimestamp,modifyTimestamp,cretaorsName,modifiersName?sub"; would do the trick.

p.