Re: back-config testing status

--On Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:41 AM -0700 "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

At this point, I'm just waiting for Howard to give me the
go ahead.  HEAD and RE23 are, at this moment, nearly
identical.

Okay. The ACL issue was resolved yesterday. I've not had a chance yet to do any testing of the servers actually functioning under replication.

I will be filing an ITS shortly for an enhancement to slapd (one shot mode) to be used for updating configuration files to cn=config. My repeated testing has underscored to me what an absolutely useful feature this would be. slaptest doesn't cut it, unfortunately. The beta doesn't need to wait on the enhancement of course, but I think it would be good to have (and documented) before 2.3 goes public.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html