Re: TEST_ABANDON && TEST_CANCEL

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

Howard,

I find the capability of testing abandon/cancel by means of ldapsearch
quite useful and very little intrusive; so, as ldapsearch is a "toy"
client, I suggest we enable it by default, possibly by means of a -k
{abandon|cancel} switch. Unfortunately both -k and -K are already in use
by (deprecated) LDAPv2 kerberos options, and the only switch available to
ldapsearch seems to be -r.

If nobody objects, we could overload "-c" instead, ("cancel" instead of "continue") since it has no other function in ldapsearch. Otherwise, it really doesn't matter which character we choose, there are so few left...

I would enable abandon by default, and let the switch select cancel.