Re: back-config, includes

Pierangelo Masarati writes:
>Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>>Would it be enough to simply have the maintainer name the schema files
>>   10-core.ldif
>>   15-cosine.ldif
>>
>>etc and let back-config sort the files in a directory and read them in
>>the sort order?  (...)
>
> In principle, your trick (although a bit involved and demanding from an
> admin's side; I wouldn't rely too much on people naming files according
> to any rule, regardless of its simplicity) should work.  But value
> ordering is important for other directives and config entry attributes,
> so we need a general rule that applies to all multi-valued attrs (see
> "access", for instance and, in general, the rdn values of most if not
> all entries).

Sorry, I think I misunderstood.  I thought 'schema={0}core.ldif'
was an RDN and a filename.  If the filename is 'core.ldif' and
'schema={0}core.ldif' only occurs in an LDIF, that's fine.

No problem with '{}' in filenames (though '=' could be a problem),
and maybe no problem with keeping some LDIFs in other directories -
we'd just need support for 'schema={7}/site/ldap/schema/foo.ldif'.

> Moreover, we cannot rely on filesystem ordering, as
> Howard alredy pointed out.

Well, I meant the server would sort them.

--
Hallvard