Re: back-config

--On Sunday, March 27, 2005 1:05 PM -0800 "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

At 12:45 PM 3/27/2005, Howard Chu wrote:
On a related topic, there's a question of whether to incorporate certain
side-effects into particular operations. E.g., when defining a database
on the server, back-bdb requires the data directory to already exist. It
would be convenient in some situations for these dependencies to be
created automatically in the course of processing the LDAP request. So
LDAPadd of a Database entry creates the underlying data directory if it
is missing. Likewise, LDAPdelete of a Database entry (if it's ever
supported, not sure yet) would delete the underlying files and
directories.

I cringe at this. I would rather leave cleanup to the admin.

I do too... what if the Admin wants to slapcat it, for example, and start serving it from a completely different set of servers?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer