Re: Wishes for set ACLs

Lee Jensen wrote:

I have never done testing on this but I am wondering if there is any
kind of infinite loop problem with the attribute recursion feature. For
instance if I have a group of names

cn=foo (containing cn=foo2)

and

cn=foo2 (containing cn=foo)

Anyone know what happens in this case?

I assume it's smart enough to skip entries that are already in the set
and not recurse them.

Lee

That's not a safe assumption... I don't see any loop detection in the code. Pretty sure this subject was raised when sets were originally introduced. You can, of course, just try it yourself and see. That is the nature of experimentation after all.