ACL group recursion feature...

Hello,

I'm thinking of modifying LDAP to support recursion through groups so if
you're in an ACL and you have something like the following:
access to dn.exact="ou=foo,dc=directory"
  attrs=entry
  by group.recurse="cn=group,dc=directory" read

So say you have in your cn=group,dc=directory another group like group1
and it contains users. Those users would have read access to
ou=foo,dc=directory as well.

I'm curious if anyone is presently working on a feature like this. This
is the first time I've done any development in LDAP so any pointers etc
would be rather helpful.

What is everyone's thoughts would this kind of a feature be useful?

Lee