[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: backend overlays
- From: Howard Chu <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 19:00:25 -0800
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b) Gecko/20050130
Every now and then I look at things like the proxycache overlay with its
internal database, and wonder if there would ever be a need to put an
overlay on that database. I suppose one way to handle that would be to
add explicit proxycache directives for configuring such a feature.
Another thought that came to mind was being able to declare overlays
inside a "backend" section, such that these overlays would automatically
be instantiated whenever a particular type of backend is used. Comments?
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun
Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and Support