[Date Prev][Date Next]
Recent back-sql improvements toward 2.3
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Recent back-sql improvements toward 2.3
- From: Pierangelo Masarati <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:56:38 +0100
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.0.1) Gecko/20021003
I've been working a bit on back-sql; there were some bugs, some
misimplemented or missing features, and there have been some significant
contributions that required some work to be merged. I want to summarize
them, in a totally unsorted fashion.
1) I've added the capability to work as a syncrepl provider, in a very
rough implementaton of the refreshOnly mode.
2) Now referrals are handled/returned consistently, i.e. one needs
manageDSAit to update them, and matchedDN and referrals are always
returned as appropriate (ITS#3489).
3) ACLs are always checked as appropriate; some checks were missing
4) I've added the possibility to add extra attributes in sladp.conf to
searches, including those performed internally for other purposes, so
that access checking based on target and user contents can occur
5) I've added support for the "assert" control.
6) I've imported most of the improvements provided by Mark Adamson
(ITS#3432); the remaining are under evaluation.
7) I've implemented the "disclose" access feature as requested in
ITS#3472 and subsequent -devel discussion for all operations (requires
8) Now attribute values retrieved from the RDBMS are
validated/prettified and normalized consistently.
9) the "noop" control is implemented as well; it's not enabled right now
because I'm seeing some odd issues I haven't been able to track yet, but
they might (they should) be related to the RDBMS I'm currently working with.
Other small bugs have been fixed in the meanwhile (e.g. ITS#3488), and
various optimizations and other improvements have been applied; the man
page has been reorganized, all config options are now present. I assume
the current HEAD code will make it into 2.3, hopefully with the rest of
ITS#3432 improvements. Of course I'd appreciate any feedback and
testing. The might be backwards compatibility issues I'm overlooking.
SysNet - via Dossi,8 27100 Pavia Tel: +390382573859 Fax: +390382476497