Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/overlays syncprov.c

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

Howard Chu wrote:

No... The overlay searches with manageDSAit set, so it should see referrals as regular entries. And in any case, rs->sr_entry should contain the referral entry. See the code for send_search_reference...

I guess it does only sometimes. I'm seeing referrals returned by back-sql, even though it honors manageDSAit. I'll check back-sql again.

p.

Well, the current ldap-sync draft requires that an entryUUID be sent with references, and we can only do that if the referral entry is provided. If there is no referral entry (e.g., for a default referral or some other items configured in slapd.conf) then there's nothing we can do besides send an invalid response, at which point the consumer will probably fail. But this really indicates a misconfiguration somewhere anyway.