Re: >1024 connections in slapd / select->poll

--On Monday, November 15, 2004 2:17 PM -0800 "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> wrote:

Two areas concern me about the use of poll(2) are interaction with
threads and performance.  The former is basically fear of the unknown.
We might find that poll(2) interacts just fine with threads (or at least
not worse than select(2)). Regarding the latter, I'd guess that poll(2)
performance would be worse than select(2) but difference could be in the
noise.  But before I'd switch from select(2) to poll(2), I'd want to see
some benching to confirm that poll(2) isn't going to kill performance.

Symas can likely provide benchmarking comparisons, as we are already generating a number of OpenLDAP related benchmarks.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Product Engineer