back-bdb cache and back-monitor

Is there any thought to developing (or is there already and I've missed
it) a way to see if the cachesize (as specified in slapd.conf) is
sufficient for the workload?  What I'm thinking of is a query to the
back-monitor which would return the cache hit/miss numbers.  Is that
possible?  Are they even calculated?

Informtn Tech Profssnl Sr       | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
        === God bless all inhabitants of your planet ===