[Date Prev][Date Next]
syncrepl and aliases
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: syncrepl and aliases
- From: Howard Chu <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:52:05 -0700
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8a5) Gecko/20041002
I'm still working on rewriting the syncprovider as an overlay.
Separating the code out of back-bdb/search.c is proving to be difficult.
Just as a matter of principle, should the search scope for a syncrepl
search dereference aliases? I would guess that a consumer trying to
replicate a particular subtree doesn't care about entries outside of
that subtree. So entries that only enter the scope by virtue of a deref
shouldn't really be considered. If that's the case, evaluating which
entries to return can be simplified a fair amount.
-- Howard Chu
Chief Architect, Symas Corp. Director, Highland Sun
Symas: Premier OpenSource Development and Support