Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd config.c proto-slap.h schema_init.c slap.h

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:

Howard Chu writes:

Of course, in practice, I never use presence indices. I wonder how many people do.

Probably quite a lot, since I think some OpenLDAP documentation says or
said that if one has an equality index (I think), one might just as well
add a presence index, since that takes very little extra space. I
believe that's why we had presence indices.

Well, if there is any documentation that says this, it is wrong. The presence and equality indices are about equal in size.

I'll try to find it again. Hopefully we just misunderstood.

I think I remember something like that.  However, as far as I can tell,
it dates back to back-ldbm, or even to UMich's User Guide; maybe
it was true at that time...

p.