Re: New Phonetic Design

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

At 03:02 AM 9/22/2004, Alexandre PAUZIES wrote:

The "lang" option in the config file should be the default lang and not
the only one because for attributes with language codes we should select
the corresponding phonetic rules if there is one, or the default one
(config file defined).

I don't think it appropriate for a matching rule's behavior to depend on the attribute description associated with the value (assuming there is an attribute description associated with the value), especially in situation where one description could be a subtype of another description. I think that would be pushing the X.500 directory information model beyond its established bounds.

Kurt

But approximate matching is implementation-defined anyway, so I don't see that X.500 rules this out.