Re: New Phonetic Design

Alexandre PAUZIES wrote:

Hi,

As far as you know, OpenLdap use phonetic functions for
approximation. I've done a new phonetic mecanism for OpenLDAP 2.2.17
that use for instance a set of french rules but new set of rules could
be easily added.

This looks interesting, but a contribution of this size needs an explicit Copyright / License statement. See the OpenLDAP contributing guidelines. http://www.openldap.org/devel/contributing.html

Also, OpenLDAP 2.2 is frozen, no new features are going into it. Anyway, all new code must be developed using the CVS HEAD, not a release branch. All of these policies are explained on the contributing web page I referenced above. Nobody on the project can touch your contribution until you've followed the guidelines on that web page.