Re: [Fwd: commit: ldap/servers/slapd syncrepl.c]

At 09:35 PM 8/31/2004, Howard Chu wrote:
>I think this would be good for RE22 as well. Saves a lot of useless churn on the cn index.

Given the limited visibility of subentries, it seems to me that
most attribute indexing could be disabled for subentries.
May require some reworking, but seems we could just index
objectClass and when the subentries=TRUE control is provided,
rewrite the filter X to be (&X(objectClass=subentry)).  Though
we'd have to check all subentries for X, there are few of them
and they likely would be cached.

Kurt