Re: userpassword encode/hash

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

I do recall the RFC now, but also note that whole section falls under
the SHOULD, not the MUST heading.  Which for those of you who don't
know is what is recommended (According to the definition in RFC
2119)...  But I'm sure you all have had that discussion before...

In our environment we would basically be walked out the door if we
suggested that userpassword be kept in un-encrypted form besides
failing every type of audit we must go through! ;-)  Do others who
keep true passwords in userpassword keep them un-encrypted?

If there is other interest I might consider doing a plug-in.  But for
now it wouldn't be worth the effort for me as it is just easier to add
in my 15-20 lines of code into modify.c.  There are a couple of other
things I'd rather focus on first - such as a true audit log (which
would be another "security" requirement) and also something I just
about have completed in changing multimaster to be turned on by a
config file instead of having to compile separate slapd for masters
and consumers.

Thanks,
John

--