RE: back-config, ucdata

Howard Chu writes:

[About inserting ucdata into a library]

> Since we have libldap and libldap_r, it might be better (avoiding
> unnecessary duplication) to put it into liblber, or turn it into a
> shared library.

Will ucdata.o take much more memory than the current ucdata/ directory?
If not, put it where it logically belongs and don't worry about space:

$ du -s share/openldap/ucdata lib/libldap.a lib/libldap_r.a
156     share/openldap/ucdata
2504    lib/libldap.a
2760    lib/libldap_r.a

If we are going to worry about saving space from duplication in
libraries, I have another suggestion about where to start...

--
Hallvard