RE: denyop (Was: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/back-monitor back-monitor.h database.c init.c proto-back-monitor.h)

> I suppose we could define a separate flag for SLAP_RESTRICT_OP_WRITE and
> include it in SLAP_RESTRICT_OP_WRITES. At the moment I'm not too
> concerned about it. However, we have a hole in here at the moment
> because
> SLAP_RESTRICT_OP_WRITES doesn't catch EXOP_MODIFY_PASSWD and probably
> should.

That's mostly the solution I was about to move towards,
to allow readOnly to be enabled/disabled leaving the
previous granular restrictions unchanged.  I'd also
like to centralize (at the frontend) an exop structure
that avoids the duplications we're having of static OID
bervals plus flags, function pointes and so.  At the same
time, I'd like to add a "does write" flag to those exops
that require it, so that they can be captured by readOnly.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it