RE: Overlays configuration (Was: commit: ldap/ configure)

Hm, I need to think some more about this.

There are only two default states: no and yes, but not mod.
There are three user states: no, yes, and mod.
I think there are also two auto states: auto,yes and auto,mod. Currently none
of our backends default to an auto.

To me, using enable-backends=no means "turn all backends off" which of course
is senseless because then slapd cannot be built. You're treating it as "turn
all default-yes backends to user-no" which I guess is more useful, but less
intuitive.

Then, enable-backends=yes in light of this discussion would mean set all
default-no backends to auto,yes, and enable-backends=mod would mean turn all
default-yes and default-no backends to mod.

Does that follow?