Re: syncrepl Issues?

Lazy me hasn't checked those ITSs, but one problem I noticed and
haven't reported is: if you have multiple databases on a replica
that are subordinate to each other, listed in the usual order of
deepest first, then the glue records created while synchronizing
the deeper naming contexts will prevent the superior NC heads
from being replicated.

For example, say I am replicating:

	OU=Sales,OU=Melbourne,O=PADL,C=AU
	OU=Melbourne,O=PADL,C=AU
	O=PADL,C=AU

then glue records appear to be created for OU=Melbourne,O=PADL,C=AU
and O=PADL,C=AU in the process of synchronizing the first two
databases, which prevent the real organizationalUnit/organization
entries for those DNs from ever being synchronized.

Also, setting updateref/updatedn (the latter in both the database
and syncrepl stanzas) does not appear to return a referral to the
client on writes.

Both of these issues make replication a non-starter in our application.
I don't suppose they will be difficult to fix though :-)

(I sent some more detail in private mail last week; I'll report
as an ITS when I am back in Melbourne.)

-- Luke