From: Voglmaier, Reinhard Erich
Sent: giovedì 18 marzo 2004 20.49
To: 'Howard Chu'; ando@sys-net.it
Cc: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: Overlay Documentation

I'm not quite sure what I should do, kinda it's a bug or a feature ?

For example, the doc does not speak about query containment. ( actually the
paper the docs points to does, however the syntax it's using is different
from the actual used one )

If I cash a query that has brings back "sn, cn, telephoneNumber, mail"
and make a new query asking only for "sn, cn"   ( other stuff remains the
same, obviously )
Should this be answered from the cache or not ?
Query containment should mean it comes from the cache, actually it's not
answerable ( info from the log file ).
Is this a bug, or is this ok ?

These are the things I miss in the admin guide.
Again, I would volunteer to contribute to the documentation . . .

Reinhard