Re: ldapdb sasl plugin

At 09:49 AM 3/17/2004, Alexey Melnikov wrote:
>Andreas wrote:
>>What is the "canonical"/current location to fetch the ldapdb sasl plugin from?

As with an other OpenLDAP contribWare:
  For general use, the latest OpenLDAP Software release which
  includes the ldapsasl contributed work.  For development, the
  CVS repository.

>>The openldap source tree?
>I would think so.
>>Is it going to be included in the cyrus-sasl package?

That's a question more for Howard and CMU.  But if is, we'll
remove it from our release.

>Unlikely. CMU are not willing to have dependency on OpenLDAP.

I note that Cyrus SASL already has dependencies on OpenLDAP
Software.  auth_ldap's lak.c is full them.  In fact, it uses
LDAP_VENDOR_VERSION is used under the assumption that
LDAP_VENDOR_NAME is "OpenLDAP".

Kurt