Re: jp.openldap.org

At 11:55 PM 10/26/2003, Masato Taruishi wrote:
>Because I'm Japanese, I'm glad if I can read OpenLDAP web pages in
>Japanese. Can I use translate it to Japanese and read it at
>
>http://www.jp.openldap.org/

I'd use that to name a website mirror located in Japan, as
opposed to using it to name a website with content in Japanese.
Mirroring of content is (as far as I'm concerned) a separate
issue.

>or by using Accept-Language or something like that?

That would be my preference.  That is, I rather have all
the content available at www.openldap.org (and mirror it all
as needed).

>The OpenLDAP web pages seems to be created from index.wml.

Yes.  WML provides a couple of features which be used to
create output in multiple languages from a single source.
That is, index.wml could be modified to produce index.en.html
and index.ja.html.  Then one can use Apache features to
select which index.*.html is to be returned with index.html
is requested.

Of course, as the content would be generated from a single
content, we need to use a single character set/encoding for
all translations.  The logical choice, I think, would be
UTF-8 encoded Unicode.

There is a multitude of content generated using other means.
But .wml content is a good place to start (because its used
to generate most of the primary web pages).

I'd be willing to work with those interested in providing
translations (as patches to .wml).

Kurt