Re: submitting Apple modifications

On Oct 9, 2003, at 6:26 PM, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
Until we see the change, we can't say their is interest in
merging the change HEAD, let alone 2.1.

Here's what I've submitted so far:

ITS#2761
slurpd should write PID file after daemonizing - servers/slurpd/main.c
ITS#2762
saslplug.h include directive should depend on HAVE_SASL_SASL_H - servers/slapd/sasl.c
ITS#2763
BIND 9 changes (required to build on Panther) - libldap/dnsserv.c libldap/Makefile.in
This last one needs some changes to be done in proper cross-platform way. I'm looking into this now.

Here are some other changes which may be of interest (I have not forward ported these to HEAD yet, perhaps some are unnecessary for 2.2):

SASL support in the absence of DNS - libldap/open.c
Allow cleartext rootpw to support SASL bind - servers/slapd/sasl.c
replicationinterval directive (set how often slurpd checks for changes) - servers/slurpd/config.c
increase slapd file descriptor limit - servers/slapd/main.c - probably needs to be reworked to be cross platform
posixGroup ACL support - servers/slapd/slap.h servers/slapd/aclparse.c servers/slapd/back-bdb/group.c
Thread safety for LDAP library initialization - libldap/init.c - probably needs to be reworked to be cross platform
warning fixes - various files - mainly missing include of <ac/string.h> or uninitialized variable warnings, not sure how many of these still apply in HEAD

If desired I could provide patches against 2.1.22 as well.

No point in that just yet. Better to wait until after the patch (with or without changes) has been accepted into HEAD. Then, depending on issue being addressed, a determination will be made whether to backport to 2.1 and how. In most cases the backport is done by the release engineer.

In this case, I already have the diffs against 2.1.22 which are in Panther, so I first need to port to 2.2/HEAD. If you do want the changes for 2.1.x, it is probably easier for me to send in what I already have than to backport my forward port of the same change.

-Jason