Re: syncrepl questions

--On Thursday, September 25, 2003 2:52 PM -0400 Jonghyuk Choi <jongchoi@us.ibm.com> wrote:

A connection in the middle of a search isn't idle, in my opinion... It
is  currently doing something...  How can refreshAndPersist ever work on
a  system with a large number of entries where an idletimeout setting is
in  place, otherwise?

I agree. And this seems to me true for all operations (persistent or not).

Given Kurt's comments, I'm not pursuing refreshOnly at the moment. ;)

Well, how's refreshAndPersist's performance at the intial refresh stage ?

Hard to judge at this point -- It starts getting the information from the master for 30 seconds, then the connection is closed, after which point it never opens a new connection. I'll remove the idletimeout on the master and test some more.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer