Re: syncrepl questions

Kurt D. Zeilenga writes:
> Second, we just started this Syncrepl experiment.  I suspect
> Syncrepl will prove to be better than the slurpd approach
> in almost all deployments.  I also suspect that some deployments
> will need a far more sophisticated replication engine than either
> syncrepl and slurpd provide.

For example, the University of Oslo needs update operations which do not
return until all the servers have been updated, or maybe a 'sync this
particular DN' operation which is performed after an update operation
and only returns when that entry has been synced to all the servers.
Lacking that, we simply use independent master servers and run each
update operation against all of them.

--
Hallvard