[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: localization (ITS#2410)
- To: Masato Taruishi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: localization (ITS#2410)
- From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
- Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:57:36 -0700
- Cc: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- In-reply-to: <1056952184.14052.10.camel@vass>
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
At 10:49 PM 6/29/2003, Masato Taruishi wrote:
>> I've been looking at committing the message catalog
>> portions of this contribution. However, I'm wondering
>> if we should split the catalog some how. I'm thinking
>> into four:
>> 1) public libldap+liblber
>> 2) private libs
>> 3) clients
>> 4) servers / server tools
>Do you have any plan to manage po file?
As my experience here is quite limited, my plan is to (mostly)
defer design and management to someone else... :-). We likely
should have a side bar on this at ODD/Wien.
>From the translators
>point of view, po file should be one file. On the other hand,
>from the binary's point of view, mo file should be splitted.
>We can split po/ directory itself to create splitted mo file,
>but as a result, po file also be splitted.
>Some programs prepare their own Makefile to manage po file, such
>as APT in Debian. It manages only one po file, and split it to
>the several po fragments by 'msgmerge' and create several mo files
>Masato Taruishi <email@example.com>
>VA Linux Systems Japan, Inc