RE: backend private data

Great - that was going to be my next question. So that structure needs to be mutexed for post-initialization modifications. Can I assume that the call to bi->bi_db_init is single-threaded? For instance, if the be-specific data is going to be loaded from a file or something, do I need to mutex it?

- DAP