Re: Patch for GNU TLS Support

* Kurt D. Zeilenga (Kurt@OpenLDAP.org) wrote:
> At 09:13 AM 7/1/2003, Stephen Frost wrote:
> >It was written by Steve Langasek and the copyright for it is included in the patch (LGPL).
>
> I note that to be considered that Steve would need to
> submit his patch using the Issue Tracking System.  For
> IPR reasons, the project does not generally accept 3rd
> party submissions.  I also note that the patch could
> be considered by the project, the patch would need to
> be made available under more appropriate terms.  The
> LGPL (and the GPL) licensed code will not be accepted
> into core components of OpenLDAP Software.  If and when
> Steve submits his work to the Issue Tracking System,
> I will discuss with Steve licensing options.

Steve asked me to be the liaison since I'm the Debian maintainer for
OpenLDAP.  I'll be sure to forward your sentiment to him (though he
might be on this list by now, not sure).  Some comment about the actual
patch would be appriciated; I have no doubt that these administrative
and licenseing issues can be resolved.

	Stephen