Re: Slapd fails to die (ITS#2502)

On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 4:38 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
So it turns out that there were read locks left in the BDB environment from a
prior crash of slapd. Seems like we may need to do an auto-recover on slapd
startup after all. We could create a stamp file in the db directory to
indicate a clean shutdown - check for the file at database init, if it
exists, maybe do recovery. create stamp file, and delete it on database
shutdown.

If we put the slapd PID into the stamp file, then we can check its validity -
if the PID is valid and != current PID, everything is OK. If not, then do
recovery.

This probably cannot be the slapd.pid file that's already configured in
slapd.conf because that file is optional, and we want something that will
always be used.

Has this change been implemented yet? If not, I'll take a look at doing this.

-Jason