Re: OpenLDAP Licenseing issues

Steven,

The OpenLDAP Foundation believes it the Regents' statement grants a
license to redistribute derived works and is confident that the University,
who is quite aware of our actions (as they actively participate in them),
does not consider our actions to infringe on their rights.  You are
welcomed to your opinions. I suggest, however, that before you rely
on your or other people's opinions (including ours), that you consult
with a lawyer familiar with applicable law and the particulars of your
situation.

The Foundation sees no reason for it to expend its limited resources
seeking clarifications which it believes are unnecessary.  You are,
of course, welcomed to expend time and energy seeking clarifications
you think are necessary.  I suggest you contact University's general
counsel office (http://www.umich.edu/~vpgc/).

Regards, Kurt