Re: Access Control development and cn=config

Luke Howard wrote:

Is there any standard for "exploded" LDIF on the filesystem yet?

No. But one could just name each LDIF file using the UUID
of the entry and drop them all in one directory.

I think ISODE had a filesystem layout that resembled the DIT.

OTOH, iPlanet stores its LDIF configuration in a single file (perhaps
with the option to include others).

I had the same approach with tyr (my all but dead-and-buried directory server
code). I did't have any backends just a single VFS-like "dit-system" where the
configuration and root-dse "volumes" were mounted when the server starts.
It worked very well for me.

      Cheers Leif