Re: monitor schema

> At 12:21 PM 4/11/2003, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>>> What I'd like to do is slowly reshape cn=Monitor as we reshape
>>> our monitoring/management/configuration model.  I've sketched
>>> out some of the changes we might want to make in
>>>    <ftp://ftp.openldap.org/incoming/monitor.new>.
>>> Maybe we should start with the simple counters and operation
>>> objects.  Then we can then decide which way to go next.
>>I find your example intriguing; I wouldn't have gone so far
>>(mostly because I'm lazy about doing all that schema coding).
>>Of course the objectClass and attributeType definitions
>>should be hardcoded into schema_prep.c;
> You can actually hard code them into the monitor backend
> and then register them with the frontend at startup.

Thanks to both Kurt and Howard for the suggestion; provisional
schema stuff is in back-monitor/init.c and it is registered
at startup (untested yet).

>>I'll start adding
>>some stuff, protected behind #ifdef MONITOR_DEVEL, leaving
>>the OIDs blank.
> Okay.  I'll then fill in the blanks...

It's in back-monitor/init.c; I simply added the entities
you sketched (maybe there's some tweaks to do yet).  I'll
see if I can find anything else to add.  Nothing is used, yet.

Pierangelo Masarati