RE: back-bdb future

My wording may not have been too clear. I am not talking about using a
memory-only BDB database to store entries in a disk-datbase-style format. I
mean using the memory-only database to store the pointers to the cached
entries, instead of using libavl. The question is whether a hashing scheme,
or a Btree scheme, might be more efficient than an AVL tree.

However, your point about DB overhead probably still stands.