[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: OpenLDAP Software TO DO list
- To: "Lon Tierney" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: OpenLDAP Software TO DO list
- From: "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
- Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2003 21:33:00 -0800
- Cc: <openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org>
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com thebest.net>
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
At 03:24 PM 2/10/2003, Lon Tierney wrote:
>Is there any type of architecture doc to help new developers understand
>the existing code base?
If you poke about a bit, you might a copy of old U-Mich documents
which provide some information. It might surprise you with how
much is still applicable. Also, you might find that architecture
documents for other servers based on U-Mich LDAP's slapd(8) also
Likely the biggest hurdle facing new developers is understanding the
X.500 directory model used in LDAP....
Also, the OpenLDAP Developers' Day conference might we worthy of
a plug here. There will be a whole session focused on design and
architecture as well as an architecture panel.