Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/tools slapcommon.c

On Mar 3 at 2:36pm, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> I suggest that no options always refer to the "same" database
> for all (current and hopefully future) tools.   Instead of
> saying the default is "-n 1", we want to say the default is
> the first backend which is not subordinate and not a monitor
> backend.  I guess I'm fine with that... as long as you think
> no one is ever going to implement slapcat'ing (or other tools)
> for the monitor backend.

Just to play devil's advocate...

Wouldn't being able to slapcat the monitor backend allow me to do
periodic slapcats and compare the output to see the changes so I can do
trend analysis/graphing?

Systems Programmer              | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,
                    === God Bless Us All ===