[Date Prev][Date Next]
lock of the slurpd status file
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: lock of the slurpd status file
- From: Masato Taruishi <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 17:28:09 +0900
- User-agent: Wanderlust/2.9.15 (Unchained Melody) SEMI/1.14.4 (Hosorogi) FLIM/1.14.4 (Kashiharajingū-mae) APEL/10.4 Emacs/21.2 (i386-pc-linux-gnu) MULE/5.0 (SAKAKI)
I'm new to openldap and sorry about my ignorance, but slurpd seems not to
release the lock of the slurpd status file once after it acquires the lock.
You can find it at St_write() in servers/slurpd/st.c. It acquires the lock
at the first time when the file is opened and never release the lock.
Is there any reason not to release the lock such as a performance reason?
It prevents another process to backup all the slurpd replica data because
it can't acquire the lock. Any other locks of files such as slurpd.replog
thanks in advance
Masato Taruishi - VA Linux Systems Japan Inc. <email@example.com>
- Debian Project <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Debian JP Project <email@example.com>