Re: HEADS UP: back-bdb now requires BDB 4.1

> Because few folks actually read release READMEs (which says BDB 4.1 is
> required), configure now enforces the requirement...

Including me :-(. We had some pretty bad data corruption issues with
OpenLDAP 2.1. I don't know if it was related to using BDB 4.0.14; we have
temporarily reverted OpenLDAP 2.0 :-). One reason many people seem to go
with BDB 4.0 is the ready availability of the RPM on recent Redhat
distributions.

Surprisingly there seems to be no official RPM for 4.1.25; I built one
myself based on a version for the Polish Linux Distro. I am currently
testing 2.1.12 with OpenLDAP 2.1.25.

I know the OpenLDAP project does not host binary RPMS, but if any one is
interested in BDB 4.1.25 RPMs, I can upload it to some public site.

Ganesan

--
Ganesan R