[Date Prev][Date Next]
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: filter_escape_value
- From: Ugen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:48:43 -0500
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.2b) Gecko/20021016
Any of the developers would mind shedding light as to
why filter_escape_value is ised on the filter that's received
in a request? As far as i understood the escaping needs to
be done on the client side (in order to distinguish special characters
as parts of string from their "special" meaning to a filter parser).
By the time filter arrives at the server, shouldn't it have had all the
special characters parsed already?