Re: no. of available threads

I don't think such an API exists.

You could extend the thread pool API in libraries/libldap_r/tpool.c
with something akin to the following (completely untested, of course):

ldap_pvt_thread_pool_availablethreads( ldap_pvt_thread_pool_t *tpool )
	struct ldap_int_thread_pool_s *pool;
	int ret;

	if (tpool == NULL)
		return -1;

	pool = *tpool;

	if (pool == NULL)
		return -1;

	ret = pool->ltp_max_count - pool->ltp_open_count;

	return ret;

-- Luke

Luke Howard | PADL Software Pty Ltd | www.padl.com