Data corruption problems with OpenLDAP 2.1

Hi,

I am facing some strange data corruption problems with OpenLDAP 2.1 (I am
using 2.1.9). I am not able to get a reproducible test case; I'll file an
ITS bug once I have some thing. In one case, an entire subtree was lost;
in another case - the database hopelessly corrupt. Database open is
succeeding, but slapd reports internal error for all search requests.
I see this message when I run slapd with -d1 option:

bdb_dn2id: get failed: DB_PAGE_NOTFOUND: Requested page not found (-30988)

The database itself appears to be okay, since slapcat lists all the entries
without problems. I suspect that all instances of this corruption happen
when updates are going on in parallel (adds/deletes).

I am using db 4.0.14. According to Berkeley DB documentation, this
particular error code is "usually an application error". I'll be
investigating this further, I thought I'll give a heads up first.

Ganesan

--
Ganesan R