RE: "Allow backup" extended operation

Kurt sent out a note about this a couple weeks ago. Here's the main point:
So, instead of a candidate filter of:

we need to have:

where the DNs of the scope part are determined by a prior
recursive algorithm doing:

where this algorithm is sensitive to subordinate/superior
relationships between DNs.
So basically in search_candidates we need to call a recursive function
"alias_candidates" that builds the list of aliased scope DNs.

  -- Howard Chu