[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: back-sql using OCI interface
- To: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: back-sql using OCI interface
- From: Yary Hluchan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 11:09:02 -0700
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:07:23 PDT." <002301c26406$035293c0$3101010a@eblue>
I'm going to forge ahead on my own, unless work decides to spend $$$ on
the unix ODBC drivers.
Four stages to adding an OCI connection layer to back-sql:
0) check out the "current" (HEAD) vers from cvs & rebuild
1) isolate all ODBC calls in one header file and one .c file. Right
now, just about all the .c files in back-sql include the ODBC headers-
making switching the connection layer a pain.
2) write drop-in replacements for the newly-isolated ODBC files
3) Add the glue to configure, so people can pick which backend they
want with back-sql, default to ODBC
Should know in a day or two if this project is "go".
The Moon is Waxing Crescent (14% of Full)