back-sql using OCI interface

I'm setting up an LDAP server to access a directory stored in Oracle
on a Solaris box. Any ODBC access will cost some $$$, and I have experience
with multi-threaded DB access via C on this platform- so I want to patch
back-sql to connect to this RDBMS directly.

Looking through the archives I see a couple people started on the same
project, and it was even considered being added to the tree- items 3/4 in
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-devel/200104/msg00056.html

What's the state of this?  Is there something almost ready to be committed
that I can help along?  Or is it best that I start from scratch?

-y

~~~~~
The Moon is Waning Gibbous (92% of Full)