RE: SSL sessions

At 01:51 PM 2002-09-20, Howard Chu wrote:
>I don't see how. An SSL session has to be associated with a particular
>connection. If you specify multiple hosts/URIs or a particular hostname is a
>multiplexer for several different servers/addresses, the LDAP session handle
>will have multiple connections. Also if the operation causes a referral to be
>followed. Each of those connections to different servers will involve
>distinct SSL sessions and those connections are created/used without any
>possible interaction from the app.

Yes...  if the callback can be generalized to do other things, great.

(In redesign the API (if we ever do), I'd treat the LDAP session
handle as a single LDAP session and have some other handle, say
a directory handle, to manage multiple LDAP sessions.  But, I'm
not prepared to redesign the API just yet.)

Kurt