Re: extended filter

Luke Howard writes:

- a matching rule and a type MUST be given (of course :), but then
the matching rule is ignored in favour of the equality rules
for the given type; so what's the difference with usual filters?
see get_mra() in servers/slapd/mra.c

I noticed that the bitwise matching rule doesn't appear to work
anymore, it used to...

Dunno anything about it; in the meanwhile I've come up with
a solution for DN attributes that I'm about to commit, and
my own interpretation on how matching should be done.
I expect some review of it, because I'm really not familiar
with the matching stuff in general ...

Ando.

Dr. Pierangelo Masarati | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Dip. Ing. Aerospaziale | fax: +39 02 2399 8334
Politecnico di Milano | mailto:pierangelo.masarati@polimi.it
via La Masa 34, 20156 Milano, Italy | http://www.aero.polimi.it/~masarati